PSYNDEX Terms is the controlled vocabulary used in the PSYNDEX database. The current 9th edition is based on the 11th edition of the
»Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms«1 of the American
Psychological Association (APA2) (copyright American Psychological Association; all rights reserved).
ZPID has translated all the main terms of this thesaurus into German.
PSYNDEX Terms has a German-English and an English-German section containing all postable subject terms as well as synonyms.
See new and changed terms in the 2019 update
- make it easier to prepare and perform successful database searches in German and English
- help to formulate search questions more precisely
- assist in assigning keywords to own data
- solve problems in translating between English and German psychological terms
- provide a basic framework for terminological and scientometric analyses
In addition to the German-English and English-German sections, PSYNDEX Terms contains an appendix with useful
information on other index terms that can help to optimize database searches.
The complete title of this reference work published electronically by ZPID is:
PSYNDEX Terms: Deskriptoren/Subject Terms zur Datenbank PSYNDEX (Lit & AV, Tests). Herausgegeben
vom Leibniz-Zentrum für Psychologische Information und Dokumentation. 10., aktualisierte Auflage – Trier:
ZPID, Universität Trier, 2016. – 356 S.
PSYNDEX Terms 20163
(PDF, 4.5 MB).